Dentist in San Ramon Helps you Debate
If you are in the habit of brushing your teeth twice a day, every day, as recommended by your dentist in San Ramon, your need to replace your brush should come up about every 3-4 months. By replacing your brush this often, you not only can ensure the structural integrity of the brush is intact, but also that no bacteria have started to invade the bristles on a more permanent basis also.
When you take a stroll down the oral health care aisle at your local pharmacy, you will soon see that choosing your replacement brush may not be as easy as you imagined. So many choices till available- it can definitely become overwhelming. What is the best brush for you? Today your dentist in San Ramon has taken some time to compare the pros and cons of two popular brush styles, electric and manual, to try and make that decision a little bit easier for you.
- Available in a wide variety of colors, sizes and from companies you trust.
- Inexpensive to purchase.
- Simple design, easy to travel with or replace.
- Efficiency in cleaning depends on the user’s technique and timing.
- Available from companies you trust, but (typically) in less colorful/flexible variations.
- More expensive to purchase.
- Has an interchangeable head, battery, charging station, cables, etc. More parts = not as easy to travel with, for to account for and more that can need replacement over time.
- Delivers the most efficient cleaning possible, (mostly) despite the user’s technique or timing.
So there you have it! As you can see, manual toothbrushes are still in use and can be efficient cleaning a patient’s teeth if the timing and technique are right. If you feel you may struggle a bit with either of those categories, though, try an electric toothbrush out and/or ask your dentist in San Ramon for some advice…maybe even a teeth brushing demonstration!
Schedule your next appointment with your dentist in San Ramon today by calling (925) 804-6440.